Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review Request To Hogwarts

+2
Joel
Behaviour???
6 posters

Go down

Completed Review Request To Hogwarts

Post by Behaviour??? 2010-03-16, 21:39

-Forum URL: http://dungeons.forumotion.com
-Request Type: Full
-Extra Notes:(OPTIONAL) Err...Can we make this fast a bit?
Behaviour???
Behaviour???
VIP Member
VIP Member

Review Request To Hogwarts 1_warn10
       Male
       2010-02-14

http://dungeons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Review Request To Hogwarts

Post by Joel 2010-03-16, 21:40

Your review will be done after Cloverfield's and Tales's review is completed. There's a queue. You'll have to wait.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Review Request To Hogwarts Full10
       Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-18, 02:41

Be patient as the other members.

Next In Line
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by dballerp 2010-03-18, 23:59

Here Cafetin, I'll work on this one cause you need a break.

Completion time: less then 48 hours
dballerp
dballerp
Am I in your cart yet?
Am I in your cart yet?

Male
       2010-03-15
       Why do you care? Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by dballerp 2010-03-21, 23:43

Note:

I'm sorry, but u will have to wait a bit longer.

I noticed that when I finished the review, it was slowing down a lot. So I have it saved, but it needs tobe fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience
dballerp
dballerp
Am I in your cart yet?
Am I in your cart yet?

Male
       2010-03-15
       Why do you care? Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-22, 00:31

What do you mean by "slowing down" dballerp? It is just a piece of text. And what do you need to fix on that? Do you want me to take it over? Cause it`s no problem mate. I just finished the other one.

Last edited by Cafetin on 2010-03-24, 13:07; edited 1 time in total
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-03-22, 15:38

Either one of you can do it. Please get it done soon.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Behaviour??? 2010-03-22, 15:40

I have been waiting for Year! LOL
Behaviour???
Behaviour???
VIP Member
VIP Member

Review Request To Hogwarts 1_warn10
       Male
       2010-02-14

http://dungeons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-03-22, 15:44

Behaviour??? wrote:I have been waiting for Year! LOL

actually, 6 days. Sorry for the delay.

Back on topic.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-23, 23:20

First of all, sorry for the delay.

"Nothing is personal in a review"

My rating table:
91-100 - Unexpectedly Awesome
76-90 - Awesome
61-75 - Pretty Nice
41-60 - Average
21-40 - Below Average
0-20 - Fail

Graphics:
- Theme: A black one. I like black ones. The overall is pretty nice, but I have some problems too. Let`s start with the background. It is tiled up. You can easily prevent that happening with a little trick called "seamless tiling". It is a method to make the edges of your images fit perfectly if you place the copies of the image one above the other or one beside the other and so on. I made you an example from your current background. Try putting that as a background. You will see the difference.

Spoiler:
Lets move on to the cursor. Pretty charming I must say. I like it. It is creative and fits for your forum.
And there is that "little" counter along with some music. Well, I found out the reason of the counter and it`s alright of course. But that music is badly affects the loading of your page (my internet speed sucks either way but with this music player you used, I was lucky to even see your background). I suggest you take it down from there.
So with all this said, I will give you 7/10.
- Banner: Harry Potter on a Harry Potter site. Fits but no extra here. Except the low quality. The silhouette of the characters are having some pixelized "glow" around them. And the "50+ members" and the "1000+ posts" text is pixelized too. I always suggest a PNG extension for a banner. Except if it is animated. For that you usually use a GIF extension picture. (6/10) from me.
- Navigation Bar: Small icons (and by small I mean extra small) with text beside them. Not my style. I like stylish buttons on the navigation bar. Much more effective, believe me. So I suggest you make some buttons here. (5/10)
- Icons: Very nice icons. The "New posts", "No new posts" and "Locked" icons are impressive on the main page and also in the sub-categories. The "Reply" and "New Topic" buttons are nice too, although they have some unnecessary white pixels on the left and right side of them. And the "Who is online?" image is just perfect there. I was impressed by that one. So just make those white pixels disappear from the previously mentioned buttons and you will get that one point I did not gave you this time. (9/10)
The sum of all is 27/40. Give the banner more quality and make some nice buttons for the navigation bar, like you did with the other icons. But it is Pretty Nice the way it is already.

Categories & Forums:
The unique names that you have given to your forums tell me that you`ve got enough imagination to run a forum like this. I like those names. You got pretty much everything for the fans. Almost like the real Hogwarts Scool. Smile Maybe you can add a section where your members can discuss the movies and express their impressions about them. In the end, there are a lot of Harry Potter movies out, just waiting for fans like you to comment on them. And it can increase the post count too. But that is all. Pretty nice. (17/20).

Usergroups:
A total of 9 groups. Reasonable due to the four "rival" usergroups. Plus the five other groups with unique names again. Nice solution. Although some descriptions are missing, the idea is still good. One suggestion. You could make the points of the groups display in the color of the groups. That way it would be easier to see your score I think. I don`t say it is hard to see once you know which row your group is, but for an outsider like me can`t really tell without further examination. But that`s all. (18/20)

Activity:
As I could not find the memberlist (maybe because I am not registered), I had to do some additional digging to make the usual statistics for this review. That was a minus right from the start. Please for the next time you request a review make sure that we can see the necessary information. You have a total of 54 members which means - as the site is about 66 days old -, you have 0.81 new member per day. Not excellent but not so bad either. There were 11 members connected within the past 24 hours when I wrote this. Not very impressive in my opinion but i hope it will be better. The number of posts is 1653. 574 from it was made by the founder itself. That is 34% of the total. Another 453 was made by one seemingly really active member. That is another 27%. So about 60% of the posts were made by only two members out from the 54 registered members. That was unexpected even for me. Make up some random polls, more forum games or some subjects for discussions. Aside from my suggestions, all I can do is wish you more active members.
(13/20)

More:
First, I would like to know why isn`t your forums name displayed on my browser by it`s full length. I can see only this part: "Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wiza". There are some letters missing there. Among with a typing error. That should be "Witchcraft" instead of "Withcraft". And while we are here, you have another typo: "Wizadry" should be "Wizardry" there. There are other typing errors which distract some of the beauty of your forum. Like the using of capital letters. You use them completely unpredictable. Maybe it`s just me, but those things are really important cause all your members and visitors see those errors every day. A forum owner should type correctly. At least on the homepage of its forum.

And so the average is 75/100 this time. Almost Awesome. Keep it up. The only thing which really needs some improvements is the activity itself. So keep your members entertained.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimon 2010-03-24, 10:13

completed >> 30 B.P's deducted