Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review Request for SnH

3 posters

Go down

Completed Review Request for SnH

Post by phio69 2010-06-09, 16:38

Forum URL: http://shikatanoharmony.freeforums.org/
Request Type: Brief Review

this is not very urgent, so just take your time reviewing it. I don't mind who shall do the review, I trust you all.

thank you very much! Smile
phio69
phio69
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Review Request for SnH Full10
       Female
       2010-06-08
       Indonesia

http://thesilversymphony.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Review Request for SnH

Post by Cafetin 2010-06-09, 19:06

I reviewed it for you.
Just to show that I am still reviewing if I have the time. Smile

"Nothing is personal in a review"

My rating table:
36-40 - Unexpectedly Awesome
31-35 - Awesome
24-30 - Pretty Nice
16-23 - Average
8-15 - Below Average
0-8 - Fail

Graphics:
- Theme: A bright theme. Everything is white. And still, each icon in the description of the forums gives some color into it. So the overall look is good. What I miss is something for the background. It`s too empty on he right and left side like this. Either make a picture there or just increase the forum width to decrease the blank spaces on the sides. Other than that, it seems nicely organized and clean to me. (8/10)
- Banner: I assume that the woman in your banner is the inspiration of your forum. And that is nice. And the whole banner seems nice... However... The quality of the image is not that good. That nice golden upper border, for example, is pixelized enough for me to reduce some points here. The other thing is the text saying the womans name. There are some birds flying into it. Either change the color of the text or just remove that two birds from the picture. In the end, that name is important enough to make it more visible, right? Finally, maybe you can try experiencing with some effects on all the text in the banner. (6/10)
- Navigation Bar: Not too much for me to comment here. Plain text. Nothing more. And it took me ten minutes to just find it. Get a real navigation bar there. (4/10)
- Icons: Lets start from the board index. The icons for the forums are really nice ones. Their sizes are matching and the quality is good too. My favourite here is the sinking PSP. The icons indicating if there is a new post in a forum or not are not that impressive for me. Little spheres with ">>" for a new post and "x" for a locked forum. Nothing special. Lets go deeper into the forums. I see that there is a variety of topic icons there. That shy smiley, for example, before the topic named "New Chatbox For You" made me laugh, which is not bad. And I`m sure that your members like it. The notification icons here are the same as they are on the board index. The button images for "New Topic", "New Post" and "Locked" are matching your forums style nicely too. And lets go even deeper, into one message made by the members. I like the rank pictures here, even if the fonttype used is not a special one (why don`t you try the font used in the banner?). I like those cause the little pictures on the left side of the text itself, are somewhat connected to music. Which goes well with the idea of your forum. And another suggestion... Make a favicon for your forum. It`s like I`m viewing a "blank page". (7/10)
The sum of all is 25/40. Not bad, just get a navigation bar and do some things I suggested.

If you want to share it with your members, just copy this code:
Code:
[b][i]"Nothing is personal in a review"[/i][/b]

[b]My rating table:[/b]
[b][color=red]36-40[/color][/b] - Unexpectedly Awesome
[b][color=darkred]31-35[/color][/b] - Awesome
[b][color=orange]24-30[/color][/b] - Pretty Nice
[b][color=green]16-23[/color][/b] - Average
[b][color=blue]8-15[/color][/b] - Below Average
[b][color=black]0-8[/color][/b] - Fail

[justify][b]Graphics[/b]:
- [b]Theme[/b]: A bright theme. Everything is white. And still, each icon in the description of the forums gives some color into it. So the overall look is good. What I miss is something for the background. It`s too empty on he right and left side like this. Either make a picture there or just increase the forum width to decrease the blank spaces on the sides. Other than that, it seems nicely organized and clean to me. ([b][color=darkred]8/10[/color][/b])
- [b]Banner[/b]: I assume that the woman in your banner is the inspiration of your forum. And that is nice. And the whole banner seems nice... However... The quality of the image is not that good. That nice golden upper border, for example, is pixelized enough for me to reduce some points here. The other thing is the text saying the womans name. There are some birds flying into it. Either change the color of the text or just remove that two birds from the picture. In the end, that name is important enough to make it more visible, right? Finally, maybe you can try experiencing with some effects on all the text in the banner. ([b][color=green]6/10[/color][/b])
- [b]Navigation Bar[/b]: Not too much for me to comment here. Plain text. Nothing more. And it took me ten minutes to just find it. Get a real navigation bar there.  ([b][color=blue]4/10[/color][/b])
- [b]Icons[/b]: Lets start from the board index. The icons for the forums are really nice ones. Their sizes are matching and the quality is good too. My favourite here is the sinking PSP. The icons indicating if there is a new post in a forum or not are not that impressive for me. Little spheres with ">>" for a new post and "x" for a locked forum. Nothing special. Lets go deeper into the forums. I see that there is a variety of topic icons there. That shy smiley, for example, before the topic named "New Chatbox For You" made me laugh, which is not bad. And I`m sure that your members like it. The notification icons here are the same as they are on the board index. The button images for "New Topic", "New Post" and "Locked" are matching your forums style nicely too. And lets go even deeper, into one message made by the members. I like the rank pictures here, even if the fonttype used is not a special one (why don`t you try the font used in the banner?). I like those cause the little pictures on the left side of the text itself, are somewhat connected to music. Which goes well with the idea of your forum. And another suggestion... Make a favicon for your forum. It`s like I`m viewing a "blank page". ([b][color=orange]7/10[/color][/b])
The sum of all is [b][color=orange]25/40[/color][/b]. Not bad, just get a navigation bar and do some things I suggested.[/justify]

15 BP deducted.
Completed.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by phio69 2010-06-10, 02:20

thank you very much for your review.
it's so easy to understand. however, I must admit that I might not be able to do much on some suggestions because my forum is a free-hosted forum and I can't make it into an advance hosting for few personal reasons. therefore, I shall do my best to work on it in my current capabilities. ^__^
phio69
phio69
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Female
       2010-06-08
       Indonesia

http://thesilversymphony.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-06-10, 08:53

Exactly Phio Review Request for SnH Icon_smile A great review by Cafetin.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content