Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review please

4 posters

Go down

Completed Review please

Post by Cloverfield 2010-03-15, 18:30

-Forum URL: www.futuramaff.com/index.php
-Request Type: All
-Extra Notes:(OPTIONAL) Ignore the banners and the green advert words. I'm just trying to make a little revenue at the moment due to costs.
Cloverfield
Cloverfield
Active Advertiser
Active Advertiser

Review please Full10
       Male
       2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Review please

Post by Joel 2010-03-16, 09:18

Your review will be completed after Beyond Words Community's review is.

Next Inline
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Review please Full10
       Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-18, 02:40

As usual, it will be up in the next 48 hours or less.

In Progress
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Review please Full10
       Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-22, 00:27

"Nothing is personal in a review"

My rating table:
91-100 - Unexpectedly Awesome
76-90 - Awesome
61-75 - Pretty Nice
41-60 - Average
21-40 - Below Average
0-20 - Fail

Graphics:
- Theme: You`ve got several themes there. The only problem with those is that they are basically all the same. Colors and the brightness level is all the same in them. There is no point in making four themes when you will make only one of them looking "somehow". And two of them are exactly the same. As a matter of fact, I doubt that someone is using the middle two from the list of themes. So you have two choices here. Either make all of them on the same detail or just discard the unnecessary ones.
But the default theme is not that bad. Clean, simple, blue. And extremely blank on the right and left side. I suggest you put up some background there. (6/10)
- Banner: There is no way I will ignore this one. Nice solution. Is it a flash animation? Anyway... I liked it. It fits your forum well. But I got to comment on two things. That spaceship is a little bit too fast I think. Maybe slow it down a little. The other is the font. It is just not so visible. Maybe move it to the upper side of the banner. There will be more visible I think. So it is a (6/10) from me.
- Navigation Bar: I simply miss it. No pictures just boring text. So I can`t even comment on them this time. (5/10)
- Icons: The typical use of one picture with simple color changes. I don`t really like this solution. Also no difference between the simple and the hot topics which are made from the exact same picture. Also why didn`t you made the smaller ones with transparent backgrounds too? The only icons that I liked are on the "What`s going on?" and the "Statistics" part. And if I guess right the "post reply", "quote" and such buttons are just the default ones which came with the theme. So nothing more here. (5/10)
The sum of all is 22/40. You can do it better. Just be creative.

Categories & Forums:
Man, so many forums and categories. I hope I don`t need to tell you that I had not time to browse around all of them. But I think for someone who is interested in that series, this is the place to go. Episode guides, pictures, fan made pictures, all kind of discussion about the actual show. The only thing I found weird that you guys are not using the spoiler code. But you should. Sites about series and TV shows are not for spoiling the entire experience. I, for one, don`t like it when somebody tells me the story word by word before I can watch it. I`m sure there are members on your forum who just wants opinions on the episodes without spoilers.
I noticed a spelling error in the description of the "The Seasons and Films" category. You wrote catagory instead of category. Just to let you know so you can change it.
One more thing. I think that the "Ask the members" forum would fit more into the "New FFF Members" category. I base this on the simple fact that it is used to get to know the other members. An advanced introduction I think. Just a suggestion though.
Well, it`s pretty impressive. I will rate this (18/20).

Usergroups:
A total of 11 groups. And I am a little confused. What group are you in if you don`t have 100 posts? And why is that huge difference between the elite and FFF master ranks? I think that is a little bit too much. Also I read something about the avatars that was not clear enough for me. Something that you can get a new one if you have a specific number of posts. Does that mean that you can`t have the avatar you want all the time? Cause I don`t like the sound of that. I think it is not nice of you (only if I got it right, of course). The sorting is good as it is. (16/20)

Activity:
You have a total of 10.189 members (OMG). I could not tell the forums age cause I saw that there were only one member before you, and he "joined" more that a year before you. My guess is that you inherited or buyed this forum from that "member", so I will calculate with that for the following statistics. So if my guess is right then your forum is made on 19-03-2006 which means about four years ago (1408 days roughly). So you have 0.14 new member per day. That is not a big number. You had 32 members that recently connected to your site. Compared to the number of members you got it`s nothing. You got about 80-90 really active member based on the postcounts. However, I looked into that deeper and found out that some of those members haven`t connected for a long time now (based on last visit date from the member list). The number of posts your members have made is 498.179. Again, after further examination, I had to see that almost 400.000 of it was made by only 30 members (including 6 members who was not connected to the site for several months). And still I think it is awesome. Sure, I`ve seen better forums with more members and posts in 4 years time but your numbers are higher ones too. So here you go: 18/20.

More:
Maybe some graphic designers can do a good upgrade there. An amazing theme often have a luring attribution. I have only saw one site which was unexpectedly awesome for me. And guess what... I registered right when I saw it. And I am still active there.

And so the average is 74/100 this time. Almost in the Awesome category from my perspective. I`m telling you, a graphical boost could have made your site even two ranks higher.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Review please Full10
       Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloverfield 2010-03-22, 01:00

Thanks for your review. I am indeed the owner (forum created 13th September 2006 so what you saw must have been a glitch. As for the usergroups, if you have less than 100 posts you are in the 'registered members' group and I do allow avatars. I don't know what you read. Your avatar size increases as you go up the ranks. The fff master rank etc IS neccesary as I have several very high posters that deserve the rank. With the themes, none other than the main one should be there, I'll disable the others. I have never had a complaint about the banner in respects to the ship and the texts so I don't think I'll be changing that and yes it is flash. As for the sides, I don't know what to put on there as the sides vary in size for each computer. As for the navbar what would you suggest?I know the ammount of inactive members is high which is why I will be deleting almost 9000 of them very shortly once I give them a chance to log on.
Cloverfield
Cloverfield
Active Advertiser
Active Advertiser

Review please Full10
       Male
       2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-22, 01:16

You are welcome.

Well, I can only help you in the background question. Just make a picture with "seamless tiling". I don`t know how to explain that if you don`t already know what it is. Just google it if you have some further questions about that kind of pictures. That way you can ignore the different screen sizes.
As for the navigation bar, I don`t really know. Maybe you should make a request here in the graphic request section. Or make something that is fitting the theme yourself.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Review please Full10
       Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by zoids25 2010-03-22, 12:10

Completed--> awaiting credits