Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

review me please

3 posters

Go down

Completed review me please

Post by Joseph 2010-09-08, 14:39

Forum Name: Finding Jesus Today
Forum Link:www.findingjesustoday.com
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Have:489
Type Of Review: (Full)
Test/Demo Account: (FJT-Test pass 123456789)

note

not sure if this is okay but like to know if I should cut my loses with this project been three years current deal with friend at my church waiting to see if deal falls through if not?
should I move on.
Joseph
Joseph
Active Advertiser
Active Advertiser

review me please Full10
       Male
       2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: review me please

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-11, 21:50

Answering your note. I don't really think browsing around your place will allow me to change my mind and give you a better opinion about what to do. So I tell you what I am told by people that care to hear me out: "Does it makes you happy?. Is it something you do because you enjoy doing it? or is it something you are still chained on because you feel you 'have to' and don't know how to put back your word?" Think about it and be honest with yourself. If you think it has been long enough and don't think you'll gain satisfaction from being there, maybe is time to move on onto something else, something you actually rather to be doing.
Again I cannot decide it for you, you know the details, you are the one to be in touch with you, even if it is a hard decision, make sure to stand up for yourself and what you want. No matter what that is.

Onto your request, I am sorry I didn't tagged you before, I usually rather not to tag than put next in line, just in case another reviewer is free and up for it. I can't finish it today, but hopefully by tomorrow night I will be able to bring you the results of the review. Thank you for your patience.

review me please 5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a full review.
This will cost you a total of 30 boiling points.
review me please Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

review me please 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
review me please Review11

review me please Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph 2010-09-12, 13:27

Thanks for the advice I will rethink and see and at end of the year make a decision on axing this project.
Joseph
Joseph
Active Advertiser
Active Advertiser

review me please Full10
       Male
       2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-12, 23:54

You are welcome. Sounds good. C=

review me please Gnome-color-browser Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
Well a quick browse makes me think the forum is either new or not very active. But I'll get with more detail later on. For now it suffice to say that it seems like the skins were put up together in a hurry. Besides the title, maybe a bit more of Christianity in the graphics could spice up the place and make it seem visually even more appealing. It is important that the board is looking after and that your community feels that care, furthermore, your board is inviting them to open in something very intimate for humans, their faith and spiritual beliefs, so they must feel in trust and in tune with what the board is about. I am sure you can improve this area, ask feedback go to other Christian forums, anything that might inspire you and give you more ideas.

Score - 15/20

review me please Page_2_copy Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
The forum layout features different skins, the non mobile ones, both have something I object to them: I might be wrong but, it seems like those are the default skins given. Nexus has a font and colour that matches the background and gets my attention, unfortunately the banner is located at the right, making difficult and annoying to read the information there, specially after logging on. At least the buttons doesn't yell "default" which is good. However the other skin, aside changing the banners seems like you haven't bothered at all with it. This is a big let down for your visitors. If you're going to offer other skin options I recommend you to have a light and a dark theme, but, make sure to work in them hard before releasing them for your members.
I also encountered a image missing, it is very noticeable because is supposed to appear as you highlight the thread titles.
Onto your categories, Overall I think they are all right. The redirections, I think would be best at the bottom. They take quite a space and their purpose is to be a shortcut. If they are not that important, you could even shrink them as subsection inside of another area called for example "arcade" or "Christian games".
I think newsletter could go better as a subforum of News, as I don't understand its relation with prayer requests. Feedback also seems to be more appropriate in community bulletin, assuming that is the category to discuss the matters with the forum itself. Think thank content could fit general off-topic too. Though, I am not saying it is bad "think tank" exists. Overall I think some areas where added without planning, so it is just a matter to sit one afternoon and try to organize the sections you got trying your best to make your community find easy to locate whatever they're after.

Score - 12/20

review me please Bell Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
I saw no users online, but that was expected considering the board has 15 members, hence, let's say 3 of them visit the board daily. It was hard for me to coincide with them. I check the active posts of the day and it shows an excellent result, having over 20 posts is really good considering the lack of members. However this posts are news some for the newsletter and most of them for the sport center. It is not bad, but it is good you also try to spark activity within the members. It is easier to read news when I already feel part of the place or at least the person posting them is not an stranger to me. So try to be more interactive, make threads that helps you get to know your community and have your community feel you're opening too so they can know you. Pasting only news feels like a cold shoulder, at least to me, as a newcomer, is how I tend to feel. This is forums great advance, the interaction, and while you can still treat it like a blog to some extent, I think your board could become so much more of what it is right now if you focussed more in creating a comfortable stay for your new members.

Score - 17/20

review me please 123 Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
90% or more of the board count has been done by the staff. Most of your members didn't post even once. This is good for your staff, as they have proven to be around but there is definitely something discouraging the members from posting, and that is bad, really bad.
Another thing related to the same thing is that your board has quite a while up, while the url most likely attracts plenty of visitors it is clear they are not feeling it worth their time to stay. Definitely your place is in urge to more threads easy to relate to for people coming to your place. What kind of things would you like to talk about in a place like the one you got? Jesus. Think about what you enjoy from Him and what you'd like to know, or could help to break ice, for example ask them how did they found Jesus, how did they decided to follow, what made them join the boards, what are they wanting to share or find. Give more warm and spread the love. Just create threads people can relate to.
Another idea? Make the studies more interactive, for example a day of the week, make them write an study for you on certain topic, and have the winner be featured in the newsletter. Of course this are all suggestions. Razz

Score - 15/20

review me please Tools-check-spelling Forum's Spelling and Grammar (20 marks)
Most of the content I read are parts of articles pasted into threads. It makes me hard to know what is the style you actually type. But overall I think it is all right. There was one thread in the lobby room about clicking a banner and getting some rights, I didn't understand at all what banner and what was those seconds mentioned there. The language was all right, but it seems you are assuming your members no need for more references. To reach the majority, try to explain a bit more. Not all of us are that good figuring things on our own, nor will take the time to do it.

Score 18/20

Final Comments
[i]I think I already mentioned it but I guess repeating won't harm: The whole concept has potential. I think the url is really good, but the board needs a lot of work if you want to live up for the expectations of what people wants to find behind it. Work in the skins and work in the content. As a community, there is needed more contact from the staff to their members, you inform well, now is time to interact and bring your community the opportunity to build bonds between them and consequently for your place.
I like to remind you too that the admins are the ones directing the project, so it should envision your visions and not mine. Take from the review what you feel will be useful for the purposes you have in mind. I tried my best to brainstorm some ideas, perhaps hopping that it could spark back some of whatever made you feel interested in making the partnership here. Back to your note, if you decide to stay, just make sure not to wait more years for results, go out of your wait putting effort. Remember that to harvest you first need to plant. That said, have a great day!. (:

Total Marks Upon 100 = 77/100

review me please 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
review me please Review11

review me please Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph 2010-09-13, 14:47

Thanks for the review and I send cash now Smile

got some time coming up from work, to work on the site and I have decided to return the fire and passion, had alot of issues to happen I really can't share it my personal life, but no more excuses I am going to sit down print off what you said study it make an outline then plan.
Joseph
Joseph
Active Advertiser
Active Advertiser

review me please Full10
       Male
       2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-09-13, 15:32

Completed, 30BPs deducted
Joel