Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review

5 posters

Go down

Completed The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-08, 02:06

Forum Name:The Blitzkampf
Forum Link: http://hocotatefreight.sitefrost.com
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Have: (Must be above 100 or will be rejected)820 or something like that
Type Of Review: (Full or Brief) Full
Test/Demo Account: (Only needed if your forum has some parts available only to members)
Username:M.K.
Password:blitzandwar2

Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Banned10
       Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review

Post by Avian 2010-09-08, 09:19

Tagged.

To be done by tomorrow.
Avian
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-02-15
       ..I'm dead..

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-08, 10:05

Alright, that's good.
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-09, 04:30

Well, how is the review coming along?
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-09-09, 11:20

Luigi, Avian said he's working on it, please give him some time.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Full10
       Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-09, 12:36

Alright, fine.
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-10, 05:50

*whistle* Seems to be a long time for a review..
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferb 2010-09-10, 09:07

Luigi1632 wrote:*whistle* Seems to be a long time for a review..

You must wait. he has his own life. Time changes time to time without having a chance on doing it. Avian, start working please and finish it soon at least by tomorrow, we don't wanna keep Luigi waiting right?
Ferb
Ferb
Reviewer Team
The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Review11

Male
       2010-04-23

http://promotionspot.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-10, 09:52

^
What he said
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Avian 2010-09-11, 06:46

I have a life and a reason tyo kill right now. If I don't get it done tonight I'll have someone else.
Avian
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-02-15
       ..I'm dead..

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-12, 05:15

Well, if you still can't do it, let someone else do the job.
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-09-12, 11:17

Luigi, i'll let someone else do this. Also, this review will be on the house due to the massive delay. We hope you don't mind.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-12, 14:11

Joel wrote:Luigi, i'll let someone else do this. Also, this review will be on the house due to the massive delay. We hope you don't mind.
Thanks Smile

So who is doing the review?
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-13, 00:12

Considering that no one else has stepped into it while I finished the other reviews, and if you don't mind that: I'll take your package.

Our time zones might be different, so for me it is really late night and I need to some sleep. I'll do my best to have the review ready before 24 hours from the date & time this post was published. Thank you for sticking with us after this unexpected turn of events. I will do my best to make my review worth the wait.

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review 5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a full review.
This will cost you a total of 30 boiling points.
The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-13, 02:20

Well, I hope the review is good.
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-13, 13:29

Oh, that username has been changed to "Ingo", the password still remains the same.
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-09-13, 15:31

Don't worry Luigi. Kaynil will certainly surprise you Wink Thanks for your patience.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-13, 20:49

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Gnome-color-browser Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
I have no first impression complain, the site is not mind blowing but seems to be firmly established, got threads and relevant sections. The banner is nice, but it doesn't mention your place name. Since the url and some areas are called "Hocotate" while others are references on the word "Blitzkampf" it can be confusing for those new members how haven't follow you from the previous boards.
I guess by now you are well aware people get annoyed when the loading difference is notorious. Sometimes your site won't finish loading some of the threads which is a big turn down, many just won't stay to bother with that. Maybe the problem is caused by one mod alone conflicting with another, try taking one by one off to see which on is causing the ridiculous wait. Think of which ones of your mods needs to load things from another place. For me I usually see the white tab and suddenly the page loads almost complete. I hope this details can help you spot what it is giving you this problem, as the mod seems to load before other things in your forum.
Even though you can figure out some of the ranks, I think adding a description to the ones missing could make things way easier for your new visitors, not yet familiarized with the franchise the board is based of. Speaking of them, the green one says founders but the description says that anyone that helps. This is kind of confusing, since by founders I'd think in the members that came up with the forum, the admin and perhaps other staff members if this project was shared.

Score - 18/20

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Page_2_copy Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
The skin is pretty simple but it serves your forum purpose. I guess it is part of why people get frustrated with the load, you wouldn't expect such a simple skin after so many seconds, but in itself, I don't think it is bad.
You said yourself you like dark Themes and I don't see why you should change yours to something you don't feel comfortable, as important as it is your members like the area they are in, it is for you to be comfortable too, you have to feel in control, the board needs to go according the vision and goals you set for it. Visually there are details can be improved, but what you got at hand works fine to me.
Personally I like the layout buttons, being forum, threads, posts, every button is in accordance with the theme. However it seems to me that some of this buttons for forums are used in threads as well which is confusion and seems, at least to me, like a rushed attempt to finish the skin more than an attempt to be original.
I know not everybody receives with open arms the soldiers kind of theme, but I am highly entertaining by it, you've managed to make the associations easy for your visitors and it is a good thing to break free from the usual stuff. I cherish details like this, and so long you keep making sure veteran and newcomers understand the slang, I believe in general this can be taken pretty good.
The categories and sections, I've got no complain with them. The board is not very long or feature empty areas, and each of them are explained. I read a complaint about some description being heavily based on another forum, inspiration is one thing but just make sure you are not doing a blatant copy. Bad reputation can be easy to spread and kill the trust of people in you and your place. Try to move all ancient history that could create conflict or confuse new members that aren't aware of your board past. Make sure that what is around is understandable for them.

Score - 17/20

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Bell Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
I see an average between 3 and six threads being replied to every day, which is pretty low. I also didn't notice anyone else online while I entered for the review, but it is evident you are around (assuming you are Saohc), trying your best to keep the place alive. Sometimes it take a while for a place to pick up, and sometimes it takes a guest days to decide to create an account. Coming back and finding the admin active and willing to interact and even accept suggestions is encouraging so i hope you don't change that. You've tried hard to please every member, but you have to accept it is impossible that everyone will be content with every of your decisions, so make sure you're lending your ear for the community that really cares for the site, they won't give you the "or else I'm leaving" kind of rubbish.
I think your forum needs new threads to spark a bit of activity, I recommend you to do post exchanges with other forums or contract some packages from different promotion communities in order to bring some activity, while the activity boom take place make sure to advertise your place too, luckily a few new faces will join and stick after the packages are done. Sometimes is hard to come on with a thread, you can check other communities with similar kind of theme and browse some of their threads for ideas. Make a goal to post a new thread every three days, something loose but easy to handle so it doesn't become a chore. Even if you don't get many replies, I am sure later on the threads will receive more attention, so don't give up and try different kind of titles and topics to see which ones does your community prefers.

Score - 15/20

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review 123 Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
The forum has been around since May, so the amount of members is extremely small. If I divide the total of posts between the number of members it gives me a ratio of 22 posts average for each of your members. It is good that most of them has posted but I can notice almost half of the posts belongs to Saohc. Sometimes it is a good idea to hang in other communities and help around for a while, this could help you to invite people and having not only an idea of what to expect in post quality from them but also a bigger chance of them joining your place and staying active. Whatever works for you, make sure your members enjoy their stay and make sure the word for your place is spreading.

Score - 13/20

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review Tools-check-spelling Forum's Spelling and Grammar (20 marks)
Nothing bad to say. Everything seems to be clear for me. Congratulations for taking your time to write lengthy posts and keep an excellent grammar and spelling overall through all the boards.

Score 20/20

Final Comments
My apologies in the name of the reviewers team for the long hassle with this review. This is an exception and sadly fell here. Through we try our best to bring satisfaction with our works, sometimes it is unavoidable a sudden situation arises and we find ourselves incapable of acting in time.
That aside, I can say your forum not only looks nice, but is eager to receive new faces in it. I could see there is a past behind it, not so clear to understand for all of us, but as long as the board welcome new people and people from that past the same friendly way I am sure you still have opportunity to pick up, keep doing what you know you are doing right and don't lose heart, sometimes the results seems to take forever but I am sure with constant effort advertising and doing the best for your boards you will get the results you so eagerly want.
That said, I hope my review offered something of help for your place. Overall it was an enjoyable stay. You're reaching out and trying to get a lot of points of view, so I am sure you have now a better idea of what details could help your place. I tried my best inside and outside of this thread to help you, so now I just want to wish you can achieve the goals you have for your community... and that game you're developing.

Total Marks Upon 100 = 83/100

The Blitzkampf-Requesting another review 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-09-14, 00:46

Kaynil reviewers better than me!
Good work! Cool Thumbs Up
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-09-14, 02:59

Kaynil wrote:Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
Maybe the problem is caused by one mod alone conflicting with another, try taking one by one off to see which on is causing the ridiculous wait. Think of which ones of your mods needs to load things from another place.
I'll find out which one is causing the problem.

Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
I know not everybody receives with open arms the soldiers kind of theme, but I am highly entertaining by it, you've managed to make the associations easy for your visitors and it is a good thing to break free from the usual stuff. I cherish details like this, and so long you keep making sure veteran and newcomers understand the slang, I believe in general this can be taken pretty good.
The categories and sections, I've got no complain with them. The board is not very long or feature empty areas, and each of them are explained. I read a complaint about some description being heavily based on another forum, inspiration is one thing but just make sure you are not doing a blatant copy. Bad reputation can be easy to spread and kill the trust of people in you and your place. Try to move all ancient history that could create conflict or confuse new members that aren't aware of your board past. Make sure that what is around is understandable for them.

I believe it's mostly because I had a little interest in the Nazis after seeing some Hitler joke in 2008 and my users thought I was obsessed with and loved Adolf Hitler(Well the obsessed part is mostly correct, but it helped love history) and the soldier theme reinforces that we aren't a forum that "plays around", we are more likely a serious forum.

Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
I see an average between 3 and six threads being replied to every day, which is pretty low. I also didn't notice anyone else online while I entered for the review, but it is evident you are around (assuming you are Saohc), trying your best to keep the place alive. Sometimes it take a while for a place to pick up, and sometimes it takes a guest days to decide to create an account. Coming back and finding the admin active and willing to interact and even accept suggestions is encouraging so i hope you don't change that. You've tried hard to please every member, but you have to accept it is impossible that everyone will be content with every of your decisions, so make sure you're lending your ear for the community that really cares for the site, they won't give you the "or else I'm leaving" kind of rubbish.
I think your forum needs new threads to spark a bit of activity, I recommend you to do post exchanges with other forums or contract some packages from different promotion communities in order to bring some activity, while the activity boom take place make sure to advertise your place too, luckily a few new faces will join and stick after the packages are done. Sometimes is hard to come on with a thread, you can check other communities with similar kind of theme and browse some of their threads for ideas. Make a goal to post a new thread every three days, something loose but easy to handle so it doesn't become a chore. Even if you don't get many replies, I am sure later on the threads will receive more attention, so don't give up and try different kind of titles and topics to see which ones does your community prefers.

So what you are saying is, if I do some post exchanges with people, it will spread the word and possibly get my forum a bit more popular..

Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
The forum has been around since May, so the amount of members is extremely small. If I divide the total of posts between the number of members it gives me a ratio of 22 posts average for each of your members. It is good that most of them has posted but I can notice almost half of the posts belongs to Saohc. Sometimes it is a good idea to hang in other communities and help around for a while, this could help you to invite people and having not only an idea of what to expect in post quality from them but also a bigger chance of them joining your place and staying active. Whatever works for you, make sure your members enjoy their stay and make sure the word for your place is spreading.
Well actually, I'm the only true active member, because I've made most of those posts.

Final Comments
I just want to wish you can achieve the goals you have for your community... and that game you're developing.
The demo will be finished one day, so maybe that'll spark some interest, because I'm going to advertise my game's demo.

Thanks, for the review, though Very Happy
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-09-14, 08:37