Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blitzkampf-Another review

3 posters

Go down

Completed The Blitzkampf-Another review

Post by Luigi1632 2010-10-17, 04:28

Forum Name:The Blitzkampf
Forum Link:http://theblitzkampf.webhostingfox.com
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Have: 1239
Type Of Review: FULL
Test/Demo Account: (Only needed if your forum has some parts available only to members)
Username:Ingo
Password:blitzandwar2

Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

The Blitzkampf-Another review Banned10
       Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: The Blitzkampf-Another review

Post by Luigi1632 2010-10-18, 10:02

*whistles*

Seems like the reviewers are busy or something..
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Avian 2010-10-18, 10:07

Must you always be ignorant? Most have been gone.
Avian
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-02-15
       ..I'm dead..

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-10-18, 10:13

Well, I mean, is the reviewer team almost empty?
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Avian 2010-10-18, 10:18

Well there's school and reviews aren't lazy with what they write. That's why they always take so long.
Avian
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-02-15
       ..I'm dead..

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-10-18, 16:41

Hmm, good point.
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Avian 2010-10-20, 09:56

The Blitzkampf-Another review 5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a full review.
This will cost you a total of 30 boiling points.
The Blitzkampf-Another review Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

The Blitzkampf-Another review 318feedback3
Avian
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-02-15
       ..I'm dead..

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi1632 2010-10-20, 15:49

Alright, I hope the review is good..
Luigi1632
Luigi1632
Banned
Banned

Male
       2010-04-06
       Silent Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-10-22, 21:00

I made your review so our reviewers can move to the others. I hope it`s alright with you...
The Blitzkampf-Another review Line
"Nothing is personal in a review"

My rating table:
91-100 - Unexpectedly Awesome
76-90 - Awesome
61-75 - Pretty Nice
41-60 - Average
21-40 - Below Average
0-20 - Fail

Graphics:
- Theme: Lets see... Red and black. Always a nice combination if you know how to use it. On your forum it looks good. And although your background nicely match the theme, it can still be improved. The problem is that I can see where the picture ends. I mean the edge of the picture. It is not tiled "seamlessly". Just google "seamless tiling" and you will see how to make it like that. The thing that I would change is to make those edgy corners a little rounded where the category names are written. It seems too "aggressive" in it`s current state to me. And one more thing... The statistics down on your page are too "linear" in my opinion. Maybe you should try to put them into a nice little table or something. Aside from that, it is nice. (7/10).
- Banner: Well the banner would be nice... if it would be finished. Or is it finished? There will be no text on it? Cause the cute anime character is nice there along with the background of it but you should really put something on the left side too cause it is well... empty. So do something about that. (6/10)
- Navigation Bar: Now this is interesting here... On first sight I thought that the "About Us", "Chatbox" and "Knuffel" was on one link cause I didn`t saw any pictures before them. You should add some mini icons before those too. And on second sight I was like "What the heck is Knuffel?". So I checked it out. And I know that game. I used to play it in real life about 6-7 years ago. It was fun. Anyway... Back to the navigation bar... And "Soldats" are the "Members" actually... I believe that means "Soldiers"? Oh, I wandered off again... So, I see some problems on the sorting of your navigation bar. I would put the more important ones on the left side and the not-so-important ones on the right. So I would definitely put that "About Us" somewhere more to the right. Maybe before the "Log Out" button, but maybe that`s just me... One thing is sure: you need to add some pictures for that first three links too.(6/10)
- Icons: My favourite part... Lets start on the index page. Red orb-like things are the posting icons which show us if there is a new post or if the forum is locked. Nothing wrong here. That matches the color scheme too. And that`s pretty much all about the index page. Lets move on. The "New Post", "New Topic" images are nice and they have a hover effect which is always a plus from me. So I like that. But there is something that is bugging me about your rank pictures... There is 3 type of pictures used there: one bigger square picture, one with little stars and one with a little bit bigger leaves (I`m not sure if they are leaves but that`s what it looks like in my opinion). You should make one complete set and use that. The icons for the "PM this user" or "E-mail this user" or the "Visit this user`s website" and those are nice too. The thing you should also change is the mini picture you use for the cash. It has some unneeded white pixels around it. Edit that or just use a different one. That`s all about the icons now. (6/10)
The sum of all is 25/40. Just change the things I mentioned up here, and it will be even better.

Categories & Forums:
I like the somewhat unique names you gave to your forums... Except for one. "Defuncting and Returning Recruits"? I first read "Defunctioning" and didn`t know where to put that... And after a few seconds I see the real word which I never heard before (which is not a problem) so I took a dictionary and found out that in basic terms it means "pass away". So I didn`t know what that means but now that I know, I suggest you change that. It just doesn`t look good on a forum. Why don`t you put "Farewell" there instead? Anyway, about the actual categories... you seem to have everything... Except a forum for console games, which is rather surprising for me. There are a lot of games that you can only play on consoles (heck and that even sucks sometimes) so why not making a forum for them? Another thing... I think you should not even display the "Officer Area" to regular members. It just means more pixels to scroll down but they actually can`t see what`s inside anyway, so why not just edit the permissions so that they can`t see it? Moving on... "The Hall of Epics"? Sounds cool. Until I see the topic inside... The idea is really nice but you should put really interesting topics there and not like the one that is there at the moment. Also you have a little typo on some forum descriptions... It should be "An area..." instead of "A area...". I know one of our reviewers brought this up before and told you the single "A" version, but I made a reply and corrected it later. Anyway... that`s just a little typo. And your grammar seems good enough even with that little typo. I believe that`s all for now. (13/20).

Usergroups:
I see 5 of them. If you are in the red one named "Gesellschaft Leaders" and you are the founder, than what`s that "Blitzplatoon (Forum Founders)" doing there? I wanted to read the description for it hoping that it will give me an answer but all I found was this: "This is a group for people who have helped out this forum." Well than what`s that "Forum Founders" doing there? I suggest you take that out. Also I read into your group`s description too and I didn`t get smarter with the text I saw. So I`m saying you must be more specific when you describe what a group is about. And why can`t I click on the "Blitztanks" group? The colors are ok thought. (13/20)

Activity:
The forum is about 165 days old and has 27 registered user. That is 0,16 new member each day. That`s not the best I`ve seen. Keep advertising on multiple boards. The number of posts is 1293 at the moment. Statistically half of it was made by the forum owner himself. Looking at the memberlist I saw that you got 8-9 active users. Looking at their profile says that they hasn`t visited over months now. I was the only one online when I wrote this review. So I guess the statistics are not so good here. I really wish you some members and activity. Keep making interesting topics for them so they always feel entertained. (12/20)

More:
Imagine my surprise when I used that "test" account you gave us and found out that it belongs to a member... Whoever it is I don`t think he would like if he found out that you gave his account info out. A test account is just a temporary account which has no posting permissions at all. You should be aware of this cause if you give a test account posting permissions, someone with a bad attitude can start a spam war against your forum...

And so the sum is 63/100 this time. You barely made it to the Pretty Nice rank. You really need some activity to get your rating higher.
Take a few seconds and rate our reviews:
The Blitzkampf-Another review 318feedback3
Completed.
30 BP`s deducted.

Archived.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

The Blitzkampf-Another review Full10