Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review

4 posters

Go down

Completed Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review

Post by thecreator 2010-10-16, 16:48

Forum Name: GeeksOpedia.com
Forum Link: http://geeksopedia.com
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Have: 380
Type Of Review: Brief
thecreator
thecreator

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Full10
       Male
       2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review

Post by Kaynil 2010-10-16, 22:59

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a brief review.
This would cost you a total of 15 boiling points.
Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  318feedback3

Last edited by Kaynil on 2010-10-17, 22:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NOW IN PROCESS)
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Review11

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Avian 2010-10-19, 10:38

Hop to it Kaynil. I'll get the others.
Avian
Banned
Banned

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Banned10
       Male
       2010-02-15
       ..I'm dead..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-10-19, 22:25

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Gnome-color-browser Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
I landed in a nice looking page, but some things took me from it. many links to same places. The link to packages is fake and lead to the same page I was on, if 'packages' are not ready, don't make it a Link, it will avoid getting people cranky for feeling fooled. The forum has nothing from the cover page however the banner is very nice. You have main forum colours to be green and brown, fine to me; However entering any forum changes the brown for blue which is unrelated to anything else and looks out of place. Categories buttons are default which takes a lot, specially if we take in account what we saw in the front site page. try to unify the look.

Score - 16/20

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Page_2_copy Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
In general I like it the way it is, however there are so many sections and that makes your forum look very very empty. Perhaps while it is starting it would be better to put some areas as subforums, for example the whole mobile could be inside current gadgets discussion, the upcoming and newly launched are four areas that sound redundant.

Score - 18/20

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Bell Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
I found myself alone the whole time I did the review, but when a place is starting it is kind of expected. I can't see new threads or the memberlist so I can only grasp from the main page: No posts marked for me as of yesterday, some posts/threads by the creator were made the day before. I have the feeling no active member was involved in the past few days around enough to keep visiting.

Score - 15/20

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  123 Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
I found the opposite than most cases, around 70 percents of the posts are threads, which means that many of them doesn't even get a reply, try making threads your members can relate and interact with. You have a ratio of five posts per member, which is extremely low, it just confirms most of the people involved (staff aside) doesn't really care to show signs of activity.

Score - 12/20

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Tools-check-spelling Forum's Spelling and Grammar (20 marks)
Some sections doesn't have the mandatory period and some of them tends to capitalize the word "everything" when it is not necessary; I found the information and descriptions overall readable and easy to understand.

Score 17/20

Final Comments
Right now your forum is starting and it is in need some extra work in design and activity. I am sure with your constant work the place will get better. Overall the idea and the areas are very well thought, some non staff people actively involved will improve things. This was only my point of view, offered with intention of help, take what you need to launch your place where you want it to be.

Total Marks Upon 100 = 78/100

Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Geeksopedia.com Need Free Brief Review  Review11

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by micro1000 2010-10-19, 23:34

This was requested, one day before the FSW has ended, so no BP deducted.

Topic archived.
micro1000
micro1000
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-02-09
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content