Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto RPG Review

3 posters

Go down

Completed Naruto RPG Review

Post by LostLegend 2010-09-26, 05:36

Forum Name: Naruto RPG
Forum Link: http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/index.htm
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Have: 11,000+
Type Of Review: Full (You seem to have named this forum review in your original post lol)
Test/Demo Account: None needed

(prefer if reviewer knows Naruto Razz )

Just gotta update a couple things but review anytime! Have fun.
LostLegend
LostLegend
On Fire Advertiser
On Fire Advertiser

Naruto RPG Review Full10
       Male
       2010-08-04

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Naruto RPG Review

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-26, 10:45

Naruto RPG Review 5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a full review.
This will cost you a total of 30 boiling points.
Naruto RPG Review Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

Naruto RPG Review 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Naruto RPG Review Review11

Naruto RPG Review Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend 2010-09-26, 18:59

Cool, thanks.
I'll check back later today... Or the dreaded Friday lol.
LostLegend
LostLegend
On Fire Advertiser
On Fire Advertiser

Naruto RPG Review Full10
       Male
       2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-27, 00:10

Naruto RPG Review Gnome-color-browser Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
The first thing that the browser showed to me was really good. The banner and menu has been done really nicely. Visually the header of the forums looks better than average. The background merges really nicely too. It seems like you like big graphics as buttons for new/no new/etc are big. Overall I'll say as a guest leaves a positive impression.
The forum seems to be rolling nicely since it is no empty in threads nor activity, at least from the simple view. The orange and black is very nicely consolidated.
Another thing I liked are the announcements helping you as a new visitor where to go next. As well as giving some head ups for the members. I can't really tell if it adds or take from your site visually speaking, but I think you've given a good use to it.
Unfortunately the menu of the navigation bar is not in plain English, which means that for members like me, interested in the Animé but not deep in knowledge are unable to tell if it is a inside language of the cartoon or just plain the navigation is in another language... either way making it something confusing, Some of your visitors may be not so enthusiastic to decipher and relate the buttons content to English. I can see by hovering the English and so by the position kind of guess what the button is for but not everyone knows this, and you have to keep things intuitive enough for your first time visitors.

Score - 19/20

Naruto RPG Review Page_2_copy Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
Okay lets talk now in more detail about your graphics, new, no new locked, seemed good. However I noticed it that they are the same buttons for threads, I've been lately saying it is confusing for people not used to forums that doesn't understand yet the difference between a section and a thread. However it seems to be a growing trend now, as I've been finding the same thing in the past forums I've reviewed, maybe is me who has to catch up with the time? There is however another detail: popular and normal seem to be the same, Locked and new have the same symbol that new and open. Visually there is nothing to differ them. How about using the image you have for locked with the legend "new" for locked & new? as for the popular ones just add some shining or a detail that can be spotted to differ them from normal threads. The way the buttons are make it seem a bit pointless to have the caption for each of them at the bottom with some many images repeated.
Another thing that I noticed is, for every section you get a image, which I like a lot, and then a gap of blank space until the start of your description, a line after the image. I recommend you that instead of adding the image in the field and write the description, use the HTML editor to create a table of one row and two columns. Place the image in the left column and paste the description inside the right column. Doing this will result in the image placed in the same spot while the description covers the blank space. Given the height of your images, it is best you test it for your self and decide if it looks better with the text in the right or the way it is.
What really stands out as odd is that in the villages section your images are square while in other areas they fade on to the inside. I think adding the same effect to the villages will make the forum skin more unified.

Score - 17/20

Naruto RPG Review Bell Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
It seems like your forum is going nicely in activity terms. More than twenty people logged in their accounts to visit your place and different threads were answered, including some from the RPG. maybe it was my luck but it seems like your members enjoy a lot the off topic parts of your board, but it is important the RPG gets the most of it. If I see mostly forum games thread being answered it doesn't exactly encourage me as a potential RPG comrades. I am not saying don't play. It is great to have the relax area, but try to keep your members rolling in the RPG areas as much so the results for active thread looks more balanced.
While checking a round I haven't been alone, so I see some people really stay there. Another thing I liked from the previously connected was to see staff members in there.It is neat that the staff are keeping a an eye there.

Score - 19/20

Naruto RPG Review 123 Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
11886 posts between 124 members gives us an average of 96 posts per user, which is quite good. Most forums I've reviewed are around 50, your people not only visit but actually contribute. Right? In the end, being a forum where you have to create a thread for every detail, I know many of this posts are your and your staff doing, but even so, I am certain it leaves still a good average for your users. Whatever you are doing to keep them entertained and interacting in daily basis is working really nicely.
I can see by the top ten that many users are very dedicated as none of the people featuring the top has less than 300 posts. It talks very good of your community.
Some areas could do with more posts, but there is nothing there ridiculously discouraging, from what I saw, your place has a lot of activity to seduce any ninja in the making thirsty for an active rp forum game.

Score - 19/20

Naruto RPG Review Tools-check-spelling Forum's Spelling and Grammar (20 marks)
I browsed some threads and read the forum descriptions, aside the navigation buttons everything was easy to read and understand. Capitalized and punctuated very nicely. Nothing much to add. i can see a lot of effort was put in creating guidelines threads to guide the way among your forum.

Score 20/20

Final Comments
If I was to RPG Naruto I would definitely consider your boards. Everything seems to be in place and it seems like I'd have a great time! I enjoyed looking around and I hope the point of view of this visitor you just had can be of use to direct your boards to what you want them to be. best of luck with it, mate.

Total Marks Upon 100 = 94/100

Naruto RPG Review 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Naruto RPG Review Review11

Naruto RPG Review Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend 2010-09-27, 00:16

Wow. Epic. Awesome. Very fast.
Thanks!
Will leave comments next week - remind me!

*Parties*
LostLegend
LostLegend
On Fire Advertiser
On Fire Advertiser

Naruto RPG Review Full10
       Male
       2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-09-27, 01:23