Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PKMN FRST Review

4 posters

Go down

Completed PKMN FRST Review

Post by Whitefire 2010-08-20, 04:46

Forum Name: Pokemon Forest
Forum Link: www.pokemonforest.mybbnew.com
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Has: 300+
Type Of Review: Full
Test/Demo Account: None Needed. There is only one hidden forum and that's the staff convo place.
Whitefire
Whitefire
On Fire Advertiser
On Fire Advertiser

PKMN FRST Review Full10
       Female
       2010-01-30
       Somewhere in Isshu

http://www.pokemonforest.mybbnew.com/

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: PKMN FRST Review

Post by Ferb 2010-08-20, 09:01

Hello, I think Avian or cool-processer should take this review or Fred1000. Whoever it is. I would like to reserve it for one of them! Very Happy
Ferb
Ferb
Reviewer Team
PKMN FRST Review Review11

PKMN FRST Review Full10
       Male
       2010-04-23

http://promotionspot.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-08-20, 17:14

Kaynil shall handle this. Quite some time since his last review PKMN FRST Review Icon_smile
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

PKMN FRST Review Full10
       Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-08-20, 17:19

PKMN FRST Review 5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a full review.
This will cost you a total of 30 boiling points.
PKMN FRST Review Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

PKMN FRST Review 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team

PKMN FRST Review Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-08-20, 20:58

PKMN FRST Review Gnome-color-browser Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
Being its name 'Pokemon Forest', it stroke as odd not even the banner depicted one single pokémon. No need to infest them with Pokemon details, just a bit of visual that visitor can immediately relate to the franchise. For example, you could try having "Celebi" in a semi-transparent fashion somewhere in the main banner. I understand that the boards are relatively new, and certainly this is just a small detail that shall no affect the core of your board discussions.
The main banner made appear an horizontal bar in my computer, it is not very big, and I didn't notice it at first because I am still able to see all the index inside. Nonetheless I am sure it will improve the appealing if you got rid of that problem. I can't tell you for sure, but from what i can see trimming 100px of it's wide may be enough.
In general the forum is easy to read and gives a good impression on a first click. The place looks nicely active, which is not easy to accomplish in a new forum.

Score - 16/20

PKMN FRST Review Page_2_copy Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
The layout in itself is pretty clear and easy to understand. However I believe the Teal on the header above the banner looks a bit off. Maybe another shade of green instead or, following the forest intention, a light brown shade that remind us of wood would look better. Though, I can see teal is part of that theme and it would be hard to replace, so perhaps it'll be easier for you to find a way to implement some teal into your banner or otherwise make it combine better with said colour.
I like the order of your categories, but it is weird only some of them offer an explanation and other lack them completely. I recommend you to either add a description to all or take the description out from all of them and just inform your user with a stick-thread in those areas you think they might be necessary. A visitor likes to feel sure of what he can or not post about, so try to provide some information on what to expect from your place and what do you expect from them.

Score - 16/20

PKMN FRST Review Bell Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
A quick glance at the statistics makes me realise your place seems active right now, it is a nice start that five out of your six members registered visited the board today. However the posts are concentrated in one area mostly, while most of your sections remain empty; adding a few threads here and there will help a lot the boards to look more interesting to browse around. Announcement, general Chat and Forum games are the quickest ones to fix. In the long run the roleplay area will probably take over, or at least, it is a common desire for a RPG-Forum admin, but it doesn't mean you neglect the other areas, specially not at the beginning.
Score - 14/20

PKMN FRST Review 123 Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
The member/post ration gives 59 post average per user, this gives the impression that most of your members feel comfortable to post and keep visiting your place. Looking at page I can notice straight away that both staff members have been posting quite a bit, so I am surprised you haven't spread that energy more uniformly through all the sections. It is good you only have one member who hasn't post yet, but I can see most of newcomers haven't post five times, even if they joined a week or more ago. Once again I recommend you to prepare new threads that your members find easy to relate to for their next visit. I also must add for having almost the month, six members is a bit low.
At least from guest point, I can tell two members are authority/staff, but I can't tell for sure what they are, as there is nothing to indicate me if they are admins or moderators. I can guess for now but it might become a problem once other user groups are added.

Score - 15/20

PKMN FRST Review Tools-check-spelling Forum's Spelling and Grammar (20 marks)
I had no problems reading the forum descriptions. However I can see you are way more flexible into the threads, including RPG sign ups. This is not necessarily good for a RPG forum, as members will probably won't put effort in their spelling and grammar while role playing. This may be a put down for potential guests that come to role play, as many take the way your staff write as a negative signs to the place: rpgers too young, non serious, unprofessional, etc. that may affect negatively the influx of new members.
Score 15/20

Final Comments
Your forum is not even a month old so it is really hard to give you a conclusive review. There is not much content yet; I have no clue if what I saw today is what you planned to stay, but it is a nice base. There's some work to do, specially with the banner and forum content. I tried my best to give you my honest opinion and suggestions from a visitor point of view. Take from here what is useful to your eyes and good luck with your place!

76/100

PKMN FRST Review 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team

PKMN FRST Review Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-08-20, 22:56

Impressive. Kaynil, your reviews are epic! PKMN FRST Review Icon_cool Great job!

Completed, 30BPs deducted
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

PKMN FRST Review Full10
       Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content