Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Review

2 posters

Go down

Completed Full Review

Post by Austin 2010-06-27, 22:44

Forum URL: http://forum.social-island.co.cc/
Request Type: Full review
Extra Notes: None
Austin
Austin
VIP Member
VIP Member

Full Review Full10
       Male
       2010-04-23
       Social Island http://social-island.co.cc

http://social-island.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Full Review

Post by Guest 2010-06-28, 04:03

Tagged for me!

It will be completed within 24 hours Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-06-28, 16:50

Review for Social-Island.co.cc

-Generalities (30marks)

When i first entered your forum,i was amazed how great it was!Orange background with some white colors to the main forum is just an amazing combination of colors which is really happy,enjoyable and not tiring for the eyes.The banner's style is awesome,a circle to the left which includes an island.That is the social island!Then i noticed your moto,"The all in one dicsussion forum".That moto looks promising,and i hope i am gonna find that within the next minites.I also found a sun to the right corner saying "Summer".That is your summer banner isnt it?The menu looks nice as well,matches with the whole forum.After succesfully registering,i noticed that you had some tabs to your homepage message.I was really impressed with that one!Right under the tabs was the chatbox,it was in a great position for the forum style!The whole look of the forum looked great,the icons were good,the colors were matching,everyting was great looking when i first visited your forum.Your categories are very good organised and placed,your forum seriously looks like an all in one forum!There is even an advertising section to the board!I am going to analize all your forum's look to the next lines.For the generalities of your forum,my mark is 29/30!It deserves it!My first impressions were amazing!However i have a question,your forum domain is forum.social-island.co.cc,when i entered social-island.co.cc it redirected me to a site selling Race car dubbles.I really dont know whats going on there...

-Forum Style (30marks)

As i mentioned above,the forum look is awesome.The colors are matching great!Lets start with the banner.I really liked it,it is simple and its very well designed.The island is very good placed to the left,the font of the letters is great choice and the colors are very good as well.The only thing i didnt like very much to your banner was the summer sun.I basicly didnt like the font of it,it looks like it was designed and written by a begginer,it could be designed better!Onother great thing to the banner was the "live support" icon, which redirects you to Livezilla!This is amazing,members get live support when they need it!Lets move onto the menu.Its just great,reminded me a little bit of apple's navbar.The main blue color matches a lot with the orange forum style.The gloss and the silver to the corners gave it an awesome look!The font is very good as well.I think your menu is just awesome,i didnt find something negative to it.Its just the ideal menu for your forum and i suggest you to keep it.At your homepage message you had added some tabs.They are a very good update to the forum,they look very good,and i was amazed by the support button there!Those tabs are amazing.I think that if they were updated to JQuery tabs they would look even more proffesional and they would make the forum look even better.Even if you dont update the tabs to JQuery ones,the forum will still look good Wink .Now lets move to the chatbox.Its placed at an ideal position for the forum style,much better than if it was placed to the footer.Placing it to the header will make your forum look even better if its as simple as your forum is and members will not stuggle searching for the chatbox.However,there are some negative things about it.Its color doesnt match with the theme and in my opinion it doesnt look good.Changing its colors to orange ones will make your forum more attractive and it will become more unique.Its not so bad keeping those colors,however changing them will improve the forum's look.Your forum icons looked good (The island ones),they were matching with the banner style.If you add a gloss effect on them they would look much better than they currently are.Your icons were great looking,they were very good designed and they have been similar to the forum style,which is good.However some of them are exactly the opposite of your forum look,like the Blog's,the Social Shop's.They had no gloss,which the others had and they are very boring.Changing them will make the forum categorie's look much better and your forum will keep looking much more proffesional.I didnt like the who's online image,its not very good designed and especially the colors are not matching with the theme!If its color was blue like the menu's,it would look much better in your total forum's look.I really liked your footer as well,looks like you edited the templates.The CopyScape image was very good,protecting your forum against copiers is a great action by a founder of a forum.To sum up,your forum looks great,but it would look even better if you could correct some graphic and theme mistakes that would make the forum look even better.My mark is 26/30 Smile .

-Usergroups (20marks)

[ Administrators ] [ Global Team ] [ Staff ] [ Gold Members ] [ Members ]

As i saw,you have 5 usergroups.Thats good,you have the basics and most important groups like the Admins and the Global team,however i dont understand what the staff group is about.I liked that Gold members group which is something close to VIP's.Your forum has 39 members.Why did you had 3 admins to your forum?Even one admin can handle 39 members!3 admins will be a nice choice if your forum has over 200 or 300 members.Anyway,your groups are very good,i just didnt understand what is the Staff one.My mark is 17/20 Smile .

Forum Activity(20 marks)

We have 39 registered users,Our users have posted a total of 1155 messages
In total there are 4 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Most users ever online was 18 on Wed 10 Feb 2010, 10:59 am
Registered Users: Austin, Cool-processor, Joel
Members connected during last 24 hours : Austin, Bob, Cool-processor, DarkRegice, DJMcoy, Joel, Kaira, KzT, Leo, Martin, Marvin, phio_chan, Shole

1155 message forr 39 register users is an average score.I was really impressed that there were 3 registered users online the time i reviewed your forum and only one guest.13 members have been connected since yesterday and thats good for a forum with 39 registered users.Your members seem to enjoy your forum and are as active as they can.My mark here is 18/20.To conclude,your forum is just great,i just think that you need some advertising to promote it and get even more members to the board!Keep up the good work! YAY

Total mark:
You passed with A mark!

90%

Want to share your review with others?Grab the code!

Spoiler:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin 2010-06-28, 16:57

The staff user group has no special properties but there are hidden groups for the actual staff like support mods.

Im glad i aced the review!
Austin
Austin
VIP Member
VIP Member

Full Review Full10
       Male
       2010-04-23
       Social Island http://social-island.co.cc

http://social-island.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-06-28, 17:51

Good review Cool-Processor! Proud of you!

Completed, 30 BPs deducted!
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Full Review Full10
       Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content