Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwart's Army! - Review

3 posters

Go down

Completed Hogwart's Army! - Review

Post by Nik 2010-04-08, 08:06

-Forum URL: http://hogwartsarmy.forumotion.com/forum.htm
-Request Type: Full review
-Extra Notes:

Graphics, We are getting new ones. So, yeah.

-Remus
Nik
Nik
On Trial Packager
On Trial Packager

Hogwart's Army! - Review Full10
       Male
       2010-01-29
       London~

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Hogwart's Army! - Review

Post by Nik 2010-04-10, 20:09

Anyone doing this?
Nik
Nik
On Trial Packager
On Trial Packager

Male
       2010-01-29
       London~

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-04-10, 23:11

yes, please wait. Your review will take time to complete. Thanks for your kind patience. There's a long line.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-04-12, 19:14

I guess you are the next in line now.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-04-14, 03:03

I am working on your review now.

In Progress.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-04-14, 18:57

"Nothing is personal in a review"

My rating table:
91-100 - Unexpectedly Awesome
76-90 - Awesome
61-75 - Pretty Nice
41-60 - Average
21-40 - Below Average
0-20 - Fail

Graphics:
- Theme: A darker one I see. I will be honest here. The first thing I thought when I saw the index page was like "What a mess". But I don`t know how it looks like as a member. Cause as a guest, those advertisements are ruining the whole picture. Maybe it is different when you register. Anyway... Aside from that, I think you should add the everything from the left (I mean the "Who is online" and the "Advertisement" one) to the right below or above the "Top Posters" section, cause when you start to scroll down the page, it becomes really empty. But generally it is a good theme. (7/10)
- Banner: The problem here is not the usual quality thing I`m used to mention. First of all, the aspect ratio is really bad in my opinion. The width is good but the height is too small for this picture. Use "crop" instead of resizing images like this. And if you are in need of resizing, do it proportional. And the text is not visible at some parts. So put some efffects for the text too. A "stroke" or "outer glow" or something to make it stand out. It is really up to your imagination. (5/10)
- Navigation Bar: Buttons. At last I can comment on some real buttons. So... Nice shiny ones, but I suggest you round the rectangles on each end of the navigation bar. It wont look so "agressive" that way I think. The colors are somewhat matching but the style is not really like some Harry Potter one. It is more like "futuristic" than "Hogwartish", if you get what I mean. But at least you tried something. Make some requests on different forums so that you can chose from more than one collection. Or just edit these or make some new ones yourself. (6/10)
- Icons: The icons for the notification of "New" or "No New Post" on the index page is a really nice solution. A pigeon who carries the note. I like it very much. And the icons like "Quick Read", "Global Read" or "Owl post" (is that the sticky topic?) are some funny and cool ones too. Although you should change the one that looks exactly like the "Forum is Locked" from the index page. Aside from that, I like them. The topic buttons like "New Topic" or "New Reply" are a little too modern here in my opinion so they are not fitting well into the forum style. The rank pictures (Administrator, Moderator, etc.) have too much contrast for this theme and the background for them looks like it is made from steel. Why don`t you try to make one with a "wooden" like background for the text. And also use some more stylish fonttype. And lastly, the picture used for "Who is online" down the index page. The idea is very good. The pictures in that gif image are having some white pixels around. Fix that and it will be even better. (7/10)
The sum of all is 25/40. Not bad just make the pictures I mentioned to match the theme and subject of your forum.

Categories & Forums:
Well... I think you have everything what is necessary for this kind of site. Maybe the name for the category of the "Towers" - I mean the one called "Common Rooms" - is not fitting there. Why don`t just "HA Towers" or something? And while we are here... I think you wanted to name one category "Non-Harry Potter" and not "None-Harry Potter" cause that is a whole different thing with just that one "e" letter there. Since the whole meaning of the site is "roleplaying" maybe you should put up a shop for your members. And with that an inventory page in everyones profile (I could not see any profile as I was visiting as a guest, so if you already have that, than it`s good). But generally nicely made. (17/20)

Usergroups:
Only 4 groups here. Naturally the four "magic school" I think. Is every professor is in the "Slytherin" group? Cause they are both green. Maybe the professors should have a separate visible group. They are the administrators in the end, right? Anyway... Every group gets points for their achievements. I don`t read the guide but I like competition. It makes you want to win, therefore you are trying harder. In this case, it can make you more active members along with more posts. (13/20)

Activity:
The forum is about 15 days old and has 12 registered user. That is 0,80 new member each day. That`s not bad but it can be better I think. The number of posts is 647 at the moment. There are some real active users but I think those are the staff themselves so it is quite natural for now. So 90% of the posts was made by them. And 50% of your members connected during the past 24 hours (that is 6 members). If you can keep that like it is later when you will have more than 100 members, I will be impressed. For now, it is normal. It is important for a site to have an active staff, so just keep on posting. And advertise much to get brand new members. (13/20)

More:
None for now.

And so the sum is 68/100 this time. Your forum is Pretty Nice from my perspective in its current state. I wish you a lot of members and fun of course.

Last edited by Cafetin on 2010-04-14, 19:10; edited 3 times in total
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-04-14, 19:01

Good job Cafetin! Thanks for taking so much pride in your work!

45 BoilingPoints deducted
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-04-20, 02:16

Joel wrote:Good job Cafetin! Thanks for taking so much pride in your work!
Thanks Joel. My avatar represents exactly that. As I said before, I am a man of details. And I am kinda perfectionist too.
By the way... Did you know that "Pride" is one of the "Seven Deadly Sins"? On top of that, it is the biggest. "The root of all sins" they say.

Anyway... As there is no response from the requester, I will close this.
So it is locked.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content