Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Words Community

3 posters

Go down

Completed Beyond Words Community

Post by Tigris 2010-03-15, 11:03

-Forum URL: http://beyondword.forumotion.net
-Request Type: overall overview
-Extra Notes:(OPTIONAL) I need to know how to make my members more active. the Co admin and I are exhausted updating the forum with the latest news on Games, Movies and other genre. However both of us at not so informed about other media like books or TV series. We are exhausted and now we are busy with school/work life. We have been promoting very fiercely online...
Tigris
Tigris
Hot Advertiser
Hot Advertiser

Beyond Words Community Full10
       Male
       2010-01-26

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Beyond Words Community

Post by Joel 2010-03-15, 11:07

Your forum review will be completed after Pikapal's forum review is as he requested it first.

Next Inline
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigris 2010-03-15, 11:11

No problem...

for Beyond Words we are looking for solutions to keep it sustainable.
Tigris
Tigris
Hot Advertiser
Hot Advertiser

Male
       2010-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-16, 17:57

Will be completed in the next 48 hours or less.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-18, 02:38

"Nothing is personal in a review"

My rating table:
91-100 - Unexpectedly Awesome
76-90 - Awesome
61-75 - Pretty Nice
41-60 - Average
21-40 - Below Average
0-20 - Fail

Graphics:
- Theme: I think there is nothing wrong with it. A little bit too bright for me but that is another thing. I don`t know if you are changing it on some intervals but maybe you can try it. The first thing guests will see is the overall look of your forum. Changing the theme regularly can lure some people to surf around on the forum. Only make sure you have some matching buttons and everything you need for another skin. But back to the review... As I said, it`s not bad but not awesome either. Simple and clear. That`s it. (7/10)
- Banner: Nice little trick you got here. Every time you refresh the page, another banner will load. Bonus on that from me. But it seems you like that purple color too much. The colors must fit into the image. Like on the "dragon" banner. That seems good. But the "Kung-Fu Panda", for one, one is not. Don`t be greedy with the outer light effects and avoid using colors too sharp and unmatching like that red on this one. The same goes for the "Assassin Crees" banner too, and I could continue this, but I think you already got my point. So that reduced some points now. But considering the firstly mentioned neat little trick it`s still (7/10) from me.
- Navigation Bar: Well, what can I say? Same as the theme itself. Simple and clear. I would suggest you to try to amaze your visitors by making some cool stylish buttons here and also improve the whole look of your forum. If you have not got any graphic designers, maybe it`s time to hire one. (5/10)
- Icons: Swans. Nice little swans with a not so nice use of gradients. The fading between the colors is just so sudden. Too sharp. Also the "locked forum" icon is a real "clishé". Another suggestion: change it. Also... No icons for "popular topics" and "locked topics" inside the forums (or I just could not see them, although I really doubt that). Color problems on the "new topic" and such buttons. Not very fitting. I think it`s time for me to shut up. (5/10)
The sum of all is 24/40. The first thing you should do is improve here.

Categories & Forums:
24 forums on a forum. With a lot of sub-forums inside some of them. I think "Food and Drink" or "Sports" does not need an entire forum. Maybe you can unite them under "General Discussion" or put it into the already made "Off Topic" Section".
On the other hand, I see you guys really put a hard work on the topics. There are dozens of topics about games and movies and everything else. Although I miss some movie, TV show or game reviews. And by reviews I mean "real" reviews. Don`t just add the info on when will it be released or on which platform and such. If you played the actual game or watched the movie, you should always add your opinion and thoughts in the topic. Even if you did not, write in the first impression that came to you while seeing the trailer or demo. That way you can add your members a little something to argue about or even a debate. They will say if they are agreeing with you or not. And that means more post to your forum. Another thing that I see is that you mainly make topics about the upcoming movies or games. Make some posts about the already released things. If someone had an experience with the actual thing, he or she will share that with you. That means even more posts. I think this is all for now. (15/20).

Usergroups:
As I said before, hire some graphic designers. Also some reviewers. Preferably someone who is more experienced in things you are not so.
You have only tree groups which is not much. Also I miss some basic descriptions on the usergroups. What does an agent do? Make a VIP section with some extras. Be creative with that one. So since you only got tree groups there is not much more to say. (13/20)

Activity:
You have a total of 66 members which means - as the site is about 130 days old -, you have 0.50 new member per day. Not too much. And looking at the recently connected tab (only 3 members in 24 hours), it looks really bad. On top of that, you only got about 6-7 really active member (including the admins). This is based on your memberlist where I saw the number of posts they made. The number of posts is 2750, with 66 members and 130 days. Not so charming.
But don`t be sad about it. Keep doing the hard job and take my suggestions and you will see the increase in activity. (10/20)

More:
First try out the things I mentioned above and then we will be ready to discuss on something more.

And so the average is 62/100 this time. You barely made it to the Pretty Nice rank. But believe me, I`ve seen worse ones before.

I wish you more quality members from the bottom of my heart. I really do. It`s such a waste to see a site like yours being so inactive. I am a movie and game fan too, so I really took that to my heart.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-03-18, 10:01

Completed

30 BoilingPoints deducted
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigris 2010-03-18, 10:03

Great review I must thank you.. changes are being made.

However the chicken and egg question is that if the members dun post there will never be activity which I have to personally generate it myself. And with a day job, I can't visit my forum so often, perhaps only on weekends.
Tigris
Tigris
Hot Advertiser
Hot Advertiser

Male
       2010-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-18, 13:13

I`m glad you liked it.
I`m sure that if you will follow some of my suggestions, there will be some more active members.
Just do all what you can. And if you don`t have that much time, find an admin you trust and ask him to help you out.

Since it`s done it is locked.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content