Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[UPDATED] Eternal Duel

4 posters

Go down

Completed [UPDATED] Eternal Duel

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-07, 08:35

URL: http://eternalduel.darkbb.com

type: ALL

SOME of the updates below were not seen in the last review
~ Forums Added:

• Duel Gangs
  • Gang War Zone
  • Deck Help
  • Card Q&A
  • Trading
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! games
  • Duel stories
  • Duel Requests
  • Contests

~ New Group: Teachers
~ Don't forget to comment on gallery like you did last time
~ Don't forget about the favicon either
~ We got a side bar now so.... yeah
~ Portal is a little different now =D
~ 60 videos in the episode page now =D
~ New images for 'Locked', 'Post Reply', & 'New Topic' (visit an unlocked post for 2 of them & a locked post for da other)
~ got 1 new member since last review

Remember, it is common for yugioh forums to have AT LEAST 3-4 groups that REQUIRE a TEST. So there isn't any reason to downgrade me on that. look at some of the forums in the link below if you don't believe me...

https://www.forumotion.com/en/art-culture-and-leisures/yugioh-400.htm
look at the forums here and see how many have at least 3 groups that need a test for proof. cause i dont want to be downgraded for something that is common in yugioh forums

statistics..
[UPDATED] Eternal Duel Stats
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

[UPDATED] Eternal Duel Full10
       Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: [UPDATED] Eternal Duel

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-07, 17:53

Alright. I`m on it.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimon 2010-03-07, 21:47

hi Cafetin , sorry to interrupt you in ya work ...
if you dont mind..can you please consider the updated statistics in the review ?

(as pika wishes it to be)
Dimon
Dimon
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male
       2010-02-01
       Mangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 00:08

yeah, thats just a little less than what it was when i first posted this topic
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-08, 00:48

No problem but how can`t I see that 5120 messages?
I only see 4836. Refreshed the page about 10 times.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 00:50

sorry, dont count how much posts it says. i changed forums around and the posts messed up. i fixed it over night after i noticed it
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 01:22

hey, just go ahead and go by what it actually says.. the pic is messed up for soem reason. we had 12 when i took the pic but i guess it cut some of it off...

so just go by what the forum already says
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-08, 01:35

My rating table:
S - Unexpectedly Awesome (100)
A - Awesome (90)
B - Pretty Nice (75)
C - Average (60)
D - Below Average (40)
F - Fail (20)

Graphics:
- Theme: You picked my favourite color there. Blue. And the background is nice too. I really like it (I am smoking right now too Smile ) Also the colors are matching too. Not much more to say. I like it as it is. (A)
- Banner: I got some doubts about that one. I see it is ripped from the series. The image quality is not so good to be there as a banner. The banner is the image representing your site. You see that on every page you open within the site. Therefore it requires quality and "uniqueness". You need to make something original for it. The font type is matching though, but still it is just a (D) from me.
- Navigation Bar: Nice solution I must say. At first I thought the letters are transparent. You got me there. Of course they are just black but the cutout from the gradient made it look like they are. The fonttype is the same as the banners so it fits nicely there. I like it. (B)
- Icons: I miss them. Those faces are nice but it makes the forum look boring. At least you could add, for example, a question mark in the picture for the "Questions & Suggestions" section. I`ve seen this usage of topic icons on other forums too. I don`t like it and it`s nothing special in my opinion. So it is a (C)
So the overall is between C and B, but I will keep it at C now.

Categories & Forums:
I am not so experienced in these kind of forums but I think you have all that is needed for it. I explored the new categories you mentioned too. Most of them are good ideas although the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Games" section seems to be empty right now. The "Deck Help", "Trading" and "Card Q&A" will be very useful when you will get more members I think. I had a good time surfing in the "Gang" sections without even being registered there. But one thing caught my eyes. About flaming and insulting members you should know that it is not only meant to warn members who break that rule in the direction of a staff member. It works vice versa (if a staff member insult a regular member too). Regular members can have an inferiority complex because of that. I say this to ALL forums which has that rule applied like that. I will look over that this time.
And the other thing I noticed with surprise is that "Duel bot". Is that a name of a member or a nice effect boosting the feeling of battles? Anyway, I liked that.
The sum of all that equals with a pretty nice rate. (B)

Usergroups:
You have a total of 6 groups. The sorting is good. I see three of them are having requirements. Nothing wrong with that I think. A forum like this should have some challenges. If a member want to be higher in rank then he/she can make it happen. I think it`s awesome. (A)

Activity:
You have a total of 29 members which means - as the site is about two months old (66 day) -, you have 0.44 new member per day. That is not too much but I hope it will be better in the future. The amount of members connected during last 24 hours is still nice I think. There was 12 member on the list when I visited. Almost 50% of the members. The number of posts, which is around 5000, with only 29 members is simply amazing. Although - sadly - 90% of them were made by only 6 user and 60% (of that 90%) was posted by the founder itself. But with members like that I`m sure it will change in the near future. And it`s still pretty nice. (B)

More:
I don`t know how the portal looked like before. It`s... well... a portal. Nothing special here.
There is an image displaying before you will be redirected to the main site. Nice picture I think but it is not centered. I am using a widescreen monitor and it is just on the right side of it. So on the left side is a black gap. Maybe you wan`t to fix that.
You have more pictures in the gallery than any site I`ve seen before (I`m rarely even click that button). It`s nice to see that someone is still using that function.
Under the episodes button I found the episodes of "Yu-Gi-Oh!". Good idea. I watched the first episode there. Smile
So you got an extra B for this.

Lets make a summary. You got C+B+A+B+B which means you got 60+75+90+75+75=375 in total. Divide that by 5 (the number of letters) and the outcome is 75 (B). Pretty nice.
I wish you more members. Keep up the good work.

@Mods: please don`t close this until the requester responds to it. I would like him to rate my work. Thanks.

Last edited by Cafetin on 2010-03-08, 02:46; edited 1 time in total
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 02:06

well like in my past reviews, i always got a number grade instead of a letter grade... I can't really tell if I improved alot without the number grade... and when I post this one my forum so that other's can see how we did, they wont know if we did better or not either...

could you please give us a number grade?
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-08, 02:44

Allright pikapal.
Here is an explanation:

S - Unexpectedly Awesome (100)
A - Awesome (90)
B - Pretty Nice (75)
C - Average (60)
D - Below Average (40)
F - Fail (20)

You got C+B+A+B+B which means you got 60+75+90+75+75=375 in total. Divide that by 5 (the number of letters) and the outcome is 75 (B).

But you should get used to my rating table so take this as a halfway between the two styles of rating.
Beside, I don`t think you should compare reviews from different people. Maybe the previous reviewer did not liked what I did and I did not liked what he did.
Anyway... I hope that helped.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 05:44

75... darn... i worked hard trying to get my forum up higher but all we ever get is worse scores.... i think im done getting reviews for good.... it puts me down knowing i do all this hard work and then i get a different reviewer saying i did worse than my last review.... Sad
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-08, 13:22

I did not read your previous reviews. And I don`t think you should quit requesting reviews. As a said before, two different perspective is two different taste. And your site is pretty nice as I said. Don`t give up anything. Continue the hard work and I am sure it will get better.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 13:33

well i got me a new member now and we got alot of posts since your review now =D

so im a little happier now
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-03-08, 14:45

Thats right Pika. Never quit. Dont give up. Reviews are only to improve your forum, let you know what you've done well and what you did'nt. There's nothing bad about em!

So can we lock this now?
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-03-08, 21:10

sure. go ahead

woot! 5000 posts WITHOUT SPAMMING!!!!!!!!
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Cafetin 2010-03-08, 23:22

pikapal wrote:well i got me a new member now and we got alot of posts since your review now =D

so im a little happier now

See? I told you. Just keep it up.

Alright then. Topic locked.
Cafetin
Cafetin
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Male
       2010-03-04
       Serbia

Back to top Go down