Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions!

4 posters

Go down

Completed Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions!

Post by Behaviour??? 2010-10-09, 00:56

Forum Name: The Discussion!
Forum Link: thediscussion.info
Amount Of Posts Your Forum Have: 125
Type Of Review: fULL!
Test/Demo Account:
Remarks: I want Kaynil to do this, and only him!
Behaviour???
Behaviour???
VIP Member
VIP Member

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! 1_warn10
       Male
       2010-02-14

http://dungeons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions!

Post by Behaviour??? 2010-10-09, 10:39

Since I cant edit it, please my forum hasnt yet kick started so bear with that
Behaviour???
Behaviour???
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male
       2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-10-09, 11:04

That is very flattering. Thank you very much!
I will take in account that is fairly new.

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! 5b72io
www.advertisehotspot.com

You have requested a full review.
This will cost you a total of 30 boiling points.
Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Tick Review Accepted! Your review is now in progress! Check back soon!

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Review11

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Full10
       Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-10-09, 18:29

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Gnome-color-browser Forum's Appearance and Design (20 marks)
In general I got a positive reaction toward your place, it is easy to see what it is about, it has a clean layout and it is inviting for new members. I also notice that zero-sections are almost non existent. Hurray!
The first thing that bother me though is how hard it is to notice your motto, as the font colour almost blend with the layout colour, it took me a while to realize something was written there. Then I see the forum has the forum name in withe while the motto is in black. If you were trying to 'camouflage' the text in white in both areas, I think it won't work and takes off some appealing. I recommend you make them all readable or take it off.
The recent posts module is a very nice addition, but I am not sure if having on top before the forum areas is a good or a bad idea. It is easy to know what's new in the forums, but from experience I know members can become dependent to it, so if no new thread pop ups, many won't bother to dig inside the categories, just a quick glance there and bye-bye (I'm one of those), so having it a bottom may not change much things but at least members will have to scroll through it and that might spark curiosity to check inside a category they like from time to time (I am one of those as well) before reaching the bottom.
Another thing before I forget, I loved the Mozilla just above the "i", whether was or not planned.
Score - 18/20

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Page_2_copy Forum's Layout and Categorization(20 marks)
In itself the layout works nicely for your forum theme. However I noticed a lack of legend about new, no new and locked posts, that may be easy to guess, however I do see two different icons and when I float my mouse both say the same "no new posts", one is a blue closed book, and the other is the same icon you use for normal threads. That is also what I don't like much but seems like is a normal practice now, categories and thread sharing icons, it gives the impression, at least to me of unfinished most of the time.
About the forum sections I don't really find anything to object, is pretty nicely. I just missed music, it is inside the art room, which seems a tad odd for me, no doubt is a form of art, but many could argue that also other forms of entertainment can be considered art too. I think the music area would therefore fit better inside entertainment, or even around the world better than art, at least from my point of view.
I was reading the disclaimer and privacy thread and read there to the place referred as "Thehive.info", just then I read in the admin signature referring the boards in the same way. This is very confusing, if it is a mistake then it is urgent to fix it, if this is intended, I think a thread explaining the situation about should be easy to locate. All post with "thehive" are from 26 of September as proven with a quick search. If you changed name of the place to TheDiscussions! or something in that fashion that you minimised because your members know already then you need to update everything so it makes sense to your new visitors what is going on.
Score - 17/20

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Bell Forum's Activity and Amount Of Users Online (20 marks)
Forums activity is a bit hard to review with a forum so young. I can see the admin visits fairly often, but there are not enough members to coincide online often, unless the few opnes lives in the same timezone, which would be hard for me to catch up. So from what I can see, the few people in it haven't had strong marks inside the forum, except for the admin. I hope that changes soon as more members join your community. Unfortunately as it is right now, I just can't give you a bigger grade than 6.5. I know I can't ask your members to be online often, but also I couldn't find recent traces of their activity, so sadly I have to conclude that at least in the last week there has been only one active member.
Two more active members echoing your movements and creating discussion of their own will sure increase even more the promising community you are. As well as keep things more interesting. You could arrange a big exchange with someone or request a big package in at least one advertising forums.
Score - 13/20

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! 123 Forum's Posts Count and Members(20 marks)
It is pleasing to see the forum with threads open up regularly. I can see effort is being put to have something to offer in each area, which is really good. However I can't help but notice that the activity has been solely admin posts. I can't access a memberlist, but from what I could see, most of your members posted at least once, which is a really nice sign. Further more I saw three of them, which is almost half of your base with over five messages. Congrats for that.
However is evident that there is not much involvement yet, as the posts and threads post are too similar. As you know that member list ought to grow, if you manage to get at least two more times what you have right now, so long they keep on visiting you will have a better stand for the activity and general stats. It's been hard work what you've done and I hope you can soon collect its fruits. The base itself is excellent. A hundred threads in two weeks yells to me and many the energy you poured with content already, because save for introduction most threads I've seen are the admin work. In my opinion, the next step is going heavy with letting other people know your place while getting members or packagers deals to get some answers for your material that may encourage others to do the same.
Score - 17/20

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! Tools-check-spelling Forum's Spelling and Grammar (20 marks)
There is a very notorious mistake in the Word "Entertainment" of you text motto, you need to get rid of one 'e'.
Periods are missing at the end of your categories descriptions, this might be on purpose but it is not advised.
That aside everything is easy to read and the guidelines are very well explained.
Score 18/20

Final Comments
The forum is just two weeks old take or give a few days, from my understanding from its creation. I believe these days have been very well spent and I can only hope your place will flourish soon as you keep putting energy and be so warm in the way your treat your members. It is evident you have put energy into this project and I have enjoyed in the past my time in at least on of your communities, I personally like what I see.
And before I go, as usual I'd like to make clear this review is subject to my own judgement and opinion, as such I hope this review can be of help to polish details as you see fit. Take from here only what goes accordingly your own plans with it. Best of luck with it mate.

Total Marks Upon 100 = 83/100

Forum Reviews for TheDiscussions! 318feedback3
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

Back to top Go down

Post by Behaviour??? 2010-10-09, 22:13

Thankyou!

Excellent!

This is exactly the reason why I am insisting on you! you give original remarks, thankyou so much!
Behaviour???
Behaviour???
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male
       2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferb 2010-10-10, 05:27

Alright, now just wait for Joel, Cafetin or phio_69 to do the BP part.
Ferb
Ferb
Reviewer Team

Male
       2010-04-23

http://promotionspot.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-10-10, 08:04

My pleasure that you're pleased with it. Very Happy
If you have a chance, please rate my work. Thank you.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel 2010-10-10, 11:31

Completed, 30BPs deducted

always a good job done Kaynil.
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down