Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get my forum active and stay active

5 posters

Go down

How to get my forum active and stay active Empty How to get my forum active and stay active

Post by Soul Eater 2010-09-26, 21:56

www.creative-tunnel.forumotion.com

I have a good coder who i admin the forum with and need help.
Soul Eater
Soul Eater
Packager Team
Packager Team

How to get my forum active and stay active Full10
       Male
       2010-09-26
       The place were I am

Back to top Go down

How to get my forum active and stay active Empty Re: How to get my forum active and stay active

Post by Martin 2010-09-26, 22:02

You need to make continues changes. get a proper banner and maybe get a better theme
Martin
Martin
Packager Team
Packager Team

Male
       2010-03-16
       YOUR PC

http://www.aiforums.info/

Back to top Go down

How to get my forum active and stay active Empty Re: How to get my forum active and stay active

Post by kavin 2010-09-26, 23:01

You must customize your theme. Create categories to match your forum's niche, but don't create many at start.

Fill every category with as much threads as you can before advertising, because generally people tend to avoid empty forums.

A basic concept is, for a forum to be active, the admin has to be more active.
kavin
kavin
Hot Advertiser
Hot Advertiser

Male
       2010-08-31

http://www.postexchange.cz.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater 2010-09-27, 10:57

Yer, i only made it yesterday and we were gonna try and get someone to make us a skin but we decided to find one that was bright and showed potenshul (sorry cant spell that one Razz)
Soul Eater
Soul Eater
Packager Team
Packager Team

Male
       2010-09-26
       The place were I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-09-27, 14:38

To have aforum running in long terms you need commitment, patience and a firm base.

Your forum must be ready and satisfactory for you BEFORE you consider bringing other people.

Hmm... a good start is a logo, it doesn't have to be genius, but having some font with your forum name in a .png transparent format instead the host logo, is I think important, as it creates an identity about the space we're entering to. Confusion tends to bring people down.

I am sure your place will be fine if you guys keep balanced code/grafics and content work. Plan out the categories of your forum. From general to particular things, that way you create say a television section, and you know in the future when you have threads an activity you can create inside subforums like series, movies, cartoons, anime, etc.. Even if you wanted them from beginning to be there, having the general section first will allow you grow on demand.

After you got your categories, don't leave empty areas and create threads, not only guidelines but ice breakers threads. Encourage your friend to do the same.

Don't get frustrated, getting a forum set up and ready to launch to the public takes some time, even if it feels slow think that usually you are feeling is what most of us admins have felt starting up, believe in your project and don't be quick to throw away your project. If you keep paying attention to it you will be getting members slowly but steady.

Check around other admins tips and advice and you might learn a trick or two. Different things work for different people, experiment advertisement techniques and other things and see what works for you the best.

Best of luck, mate.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
How to get my forum active and stay active Review11

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater 2010-09-28, 14:02

I found a good skin, now im just getting it edited. And im starting to get people now.
Soul Eater
Soul Eater
Packager Team
Packager Team

Male
       2010-09-26
       The place were I am

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyya 2010-10-07, 00:51

i thin you should customize your them.
tonyya
tonyya

Male
       2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyya 2010-10-07, 01:44

thank you for your effort my dear.
tonyya
tonyya

Male
       2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-10-07, 02:24

1)Find a domain suiting your forum/website content
2)Find a good theme
3)Have your own banner
4)Good grammar
5)good content
6)SEO work
7)Advertising
8)Contests with prizes

In order to stay active:

Make changes so that users dont get bored
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin 2010-10-07, 03:37

advertise and always have updates is the key
Martin
Martin
Packager Team
Packager Team

Male
       2010-03-16
       YOUR PC

http://www.aiforums.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum