Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should my friend make a Pokemon website?

5 posters

Go down

Should my friend make a Pokemon website?

Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Vote_lcap67%Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Vote_lcap33%Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Vote_lcap0%Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Empty Should my friend make a Pokemon website?

Post by Pikapal 2010-07-24, 08:00

My friend, Nova, is really smart when it comes to Pokemon but he seems that he doesn't want a website. I can just tell from how much he knows about Pokemon that he could make a very successful website.

I'm wondering if you think he should make one.... Be 100% honest with this. I don't care if you think the opposite of me.... I just want opinions. Use the poll please...

~poll going for 5 days

I'll try to keep from posting in this until the poll is over because we all know how I always try to change other people's mind...
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Full10
       Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Empty Re: Should my friend make a Pokemon website?

Post by Joel 2010-07-30, 17:15

2 yes, 1 no. I'm going for yes too!
Joel
Joel
Founder
Founder

Male
       2009-12-16
       Singapore

Back to top Go down

Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Empty Re: Should my friend make a Pokemon website?

Post by Dimon 2010-07-30, 19:08

poll ended, but my vote would be yes
Dimon
Dimon
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male
       2010-02-01
       Mangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-08-01, 20:12

If the poll was open I would had answered not, simply because he seems not to agree with the idea, according to you.

I know it is frustrating. Because as you said you know he has the knoledge, but to keep a site you need more than that, you need the passion. You need to enjoy not only doing it but also maintaining it, updating it, getting new ideas to improve it.

When you lack that motivation, it is really hard for a place to last even if, somehow, it is successful with the visitors. websites are not static you pour a lot of effort in them and sometimes you just don't have the time, because your life is taking it from another issues.

I've seen great sites close because of this lack of motivation. Sometimes even with the motivation the time is not there, the money is not there.

If you think it would be a good idea, sure... talk it with your friend and listen to what he has to say, even if they sound like excuses, be open of it to be a project for the future. Just try not to insist with it, so you don't tire him and make him dread the idea.

Well, that is what I think. I hope it can be of help.
You know your friend better than any of us, hahah.

Best of luck either way.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Review11

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik 2010-08-01, 20:32

Oh, if it's Nova. I'd say yes. As he did have a website before (Not about Pokemon), but it got spammed like crazy. :l

But...

It's a no from me, If he dosn't want too, he shouldn't have too. If he makes the website, but dosn't want it. It will die. :l
Nik
Nik
On Trial Packager
On Trial Packager

Male
       2010-01-29
       London~

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-08-02, 03:46

actually, my bakugan website died when I still wanted it... then I just quit using my website and next thing I know the site has 70+ members.... so it doesn't always go as you think
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-08-02, 08:02

I'm sure. It doesn't surprise me. I've seen it happening as well, hence why I said that even having the motivation it can still fail for other reasons.

Sometimes some change can mean a big difference. I am sure at least one thing improved in your site between the I am working and it is dead" and the "I gave with it and now then I get +70 members."

A practically dead board was revived once for a newcomer because she PMed everyone who hasn't been active in the last months. Most of us had the default option of have an email sent when this happened. So a bunch came up the board was alive but we were limited, as the owner rarely came, and mods couldn't ban bots, there was no rules enforcement but the gang stayed with the site till the end, because they liked it a lot. What was the end? It disappearing with no explanation from one day to the next.

Yes, I cannot be black and white, there are some great places that people rarely visit or very lame places that are a boom, but it doesn't take away may main concern here, because from experience I can tell you it can be a pain to be doing something, anything, even if you have the skills and liked it before out of pleasing someone else. Again, may not be the case with your friend, but I think it is to be taken in consideration.

Maybe asking him to help you design a site for you works better. Maybe he'd be more pleased to cooperate if he knows the pressure of making it successful and sacrificing his time on it, won't fall directly on him.

I dunno. I am just giving my opinion.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Reviewer Team
Should my friend make a Pokemon website? Review11

Female
       2010-05-13
       Brisarez

http://roczuz.omgforum.net/-c2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-08-02, 08:14

I already offered to help him but he didnt take it... >.> yet he was willing to help me on my bakugan website >.>
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down