Advertise Hotspot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff website help

2 posters

Go down

Staff website help Empty Staff website help

Post by Pikapal 2010-07-22, 02:50

Well, I'm working on a new staff website for the Spiriomon team (the game's team, not site team)... Sooo.... I was wondering what would be good to add to it.

I used a phpbb3 forum for the staff page because I know the control panel for phpbb3 more so it would be easier to make a staff website with it....

Anyways... For sections, I made one for each staff group except my own... I also added a to do list section so my team knows what they need to do.

I also added groups for each of the types of staff. This way I can remember more easily when I get a bigger team.

I thought a profile field would be needed for staff to put what their job is. Because even with the groups, there's still a few differences in the jobs people have to do.

I also added a rank profile field. this will show the ranks people are at their job. like for spriting, wildfire will be in charge of those people so she'll get the "head" rank for being the head of the spriters....

I also added a chatroom (ajax works fine on phpbb3 Very Happy) so we can more easily chat with each other. Lastly, I added a quick link area so the staff can easily get back to the other pages.

Another good thing is making the main forums only visible to staff.... and new members must be approved by me so we don't have unwanted people jumping in.

Anything else I should add? i do not want people saying I should take something out! I'll just ignore those posts!
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Staff website help Full10
       Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Staff website help Empty Re: Staff website help

Post by phio69 2010-07-22, 14:23

I think you've listed all you need. maybe you can add some more to profile field, like general information about them (age, hobbies, comments, etc.) just to make things merrier. XD
phio69
phio69
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Female
       2010-06-08
       Indonesia

http://thesilversymphony.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikapal 2010-07-23, 12:38

age and hobbies are default stuffs in phpbb3 (well... at least they are in the version i'm using)... the comments would require me to download a mod and I'm not worrying about that yet...

oh, bbCode suggestions would be good too =/
Pikapal
Pikapal
The Pikachu Master
The Pikachu Master

Male
       2010-01-30
       not here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content